Saturday, September 14, 2013

Smoothie Saturday: Clean Eating and the Banana Bread Smoothie

smoothie tastes like banana bread
A confession: I read Clean Cuisine: An 8-Week Anti-Inflammatory Diet that Will Change the Way You Age, Look & Feel this summer, and I found it fascinating, and also realized there are a lot of things to implement in my own life. The reality is I am so far behind the curve that I almost need pre-clean eating steps (like a Math 0001) before I could successfully tackle the program in the book!

So I am working on those baby steps. A little less junk food (lately my downfall). Sneaking in a little more fruit in my smoothie since I do so poorly at eating it the rest of the day. Adding a vegetable side dish. I rebooted my subscription to Green Bean Delivery, and I'll be sure to add some leafy greens in the weekly order as well.

One tip I will share from the Clean Cuisine  book: Dates, which I normally don't eat, add thickness and texture to your smoothie without impacting the flavor.

This recipe was inspired by the Clean Cuisine book. Yes, it includes dairy, but I am sure you could substitute any other milk. I was happily surprised to drink something that tasted very much like banana bread!

Banana Bread Smoothie
Blend:
1 banana (frozen; if not frozen, just add ice)
1 c milk 
1/4 c pecans 
2 dates
cinnamon

1 comment:

IrisM said...

Hey :) Please feel FREE to steal any of my ideas! Thank you so much for your sweet comments! I hope you'll find lots of other helpful stuff on my bloggy blog. Check out the GO Get Organized section, it's full of fun ideas!
xoxo
Iris