Friday, July 11, 2014

How apps are saving me on back to school shopping

apps to save on school shoppingSchool supply shopping: You'd think that after five years of this, I'd be a pro. But every year is a struggle. What did I forget on the school supply list? Where did I put the school supply list? What did I buy extra of? Did I get two packs of markers or not?

Each summer I found myself scouring and rescouring bags of supplies just to make sure whether I actually did pick up a certain school supply.

This year will be different.

As soon as the school posted the school supply list for the upcoming school year, I created a ZipList (free app) shopping list of all the kids' school supplies needed for the coming year. There, I'm able to check off items as I go without having to question myself later.

I've also been using Target's Cartwheel and iBotta to save money on routine shopping, and the back-to-school sales are popping up there too.

What tips do you have for saving money or sanity during school supply shopping?

4 comments:

Hint Mama said...

Great tips - Found you at the HDYDI link party:)

Sheryl at LibertyHillHouse.com said...

Ooh! Off to go check out a few of those in the app store. Thanks for the recommendations!

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks so much for sharing at the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party! I just pinned this.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Sadia said...

Thanks for linking up at the HDYDI party. This is a fantastic idea! I'll have to make a shopping list on my iPad this year, especially since we already have some the supplies we need at home, and I like to buy some extras for the classroom to start the year off right. I can't believe that it's already time to check in with the teacher and find out what she might need!