Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wine and pizza, why not?

Holy-Field Vineyard & Winery, just outside of Kansas City, Kan., is one of my favorite haunts when I go back home. I've visited it for more than a dozen years, first writing about it as a reporter covering their wine picking days.

My in-laws well know a visit east isn't allowed without a bottle or two of Tailgate Red, which I love for sangrias. A visit or two back my mother-in-law also packed a bottle of the blackberry wine, which was surprisingly good.

So imagine my surprise when the little Leavenworth County winery was featured on the New York Times food blog this week - and with a pizza recipe, no less! The writer came up with an interesting blackberry pizza, which she claims would go great with the Seyval.

Worth a try?

No comments: