Saturday, August 9, 2008

My luck (or lack thereof) at the farmers market

Farmers market visits are a standing appointment for Saturdays in our family. We usually choose one of two in the area, and my oldest is known by many of the vendors (so well that they ask about her 'matoes.)

Of course, today was no different. Running behind, I opt to race out the door, sans shower, hair haphazardly slicked back into a ponytail, ratty T-shirt on. By the time we'd get there, it'd be close to 9:30, when your options start to radically drop off.

Today, of course, was the day the local newspaper's photographer came by. And, being an ex-journalist, I know far too well that the cute babies and puppies shots never fail. So yes, the happily shopping toddler and disheveled mom have been captured for all posterity. Nice!

6 comments:

Corie said...

Hey, e-mail me and let me know which paper it'll be in, will ya? :o) Sounds like you've got my kind of luck!

Kerry said...

Hehehe - oh, that would be just MY luck, too!

I'm hosting a "Farmer's Market Report" Mr. Linky. I'd be thrilled if you'd come by and check it out! Perhaps you'd like to submit this post? Here's the link: http://toeverymeal.blogspot.com/2008/08/farmers-market-report-aug-9th.html

Robbie said...

Sure, Corie, I will - just am not sure whether it's the main or the local edition. I just can see my out of shape self plastered all over B-1! (That would be my luck, of course.)

Who knows, maybe some "real" (and positive) news will occur and we'll be bumped.

Ellyn said...

Great post. We try never to miss Farmer's Market either.

Glenda said...

Had to laugh when reading your post! Isn't it always the way things happen? I've been there done that on many occassions!

Kerry said...

Thanks for participating in the Farmer's Market Report! I'll have this up each Saturday (mid-day).

www.toeverymeal.blogspot.com