- Is there a such thing as green karma? I've taken to drafting posts on paper while my kids are playing, so I can reduce my screen time. However, several of my torn-out pages have gone missing! Payback for paper waste?
- There are things I never thought I would say as a parent. Like, "Pick up your mess, or no farmers market today." But the best? "Honey, don't wash the garlic in the bathroom."
- I committed this month to reduce my plastic bag usage. So far, my count is at two. My lesson learned? Even if you think you're going in for one item, bring a bag just in case.
- I'm still surprised that with the number of stores selling reusable bags that so few people are using them. The checkout boy at Kroger this weeked was utterly confused - and even tried to double-bag them.
- My cousin, who visited from Arizona this weekend, was appalled by the lack of convenient recycling here in Indiana. I've lamented the lack of services here, but my aunt has it worse - there is no curbside recycling in her town, and she has to travel to recycle papers. I've toyed with the idea of hording my #5 plastic stuff so it can be recycled later, but it comes down to a space, time and gas issue. So my question is this: Given gas costs, how far would you drive to recycle?
Monday, July 7, 2008
Green karma and other Monday thoughts
It's Monday morning. Our work e-mail has been cut off from the outside world. It's a perfect excuse to get online and share a few quick thoughts: