Saturday, September 6, 2014

Introducing Light of the World Seed & Tea Co.

I'm proud to say we've planted our own seeds of change.

This morning, my children - inspired by our school and church's commitment to a community in Haiti - announced the formation of their new company: Light of the World Seeds and Tea Co. This local business is proud to offer hand-harvested seeds and loose-leaf peppermint tea as a benefit for the Haiti ministry.


I'm inspired. Inspired that they came up with this idea. Inspired that something as small as leftover seeds could make a difference for families miles and miles away. Even if it's a short-lived effort, I love the love for our fellow man that was behind it.

Right now Light of the World has the following seeds to share for a donation to the Hearts for Haiti Ministry: chive, dill, bok choy, asparagus beans and peas. Cantelope is coming soon (still drying).

If you're interested, please send me an email at goinggreenmama@gmail.com.

4 comments:

Betsy Escandon said...

Very cool! Entrepreneurial philanthropists -- love it!

Christy said...

This is an awesome idea!

Green Bean said...

I love it when kids seek to make a difference. You must be so proud!

robbie @ going green mama said...

I am - particularly since it was THEIR idea! I wish everyone could have seen my daughter dancing about getting her first order today! :)