Saturday, January 9, 2010

Over at the Green Phone Booth...

My mother-in-law gave me a notepad for Christmas. On it, it said, "Stop me before I volunteer again." Yea, well, you know me...I signed up for another thing to add to my to-do list!

You can now find me Saturdays blogging at the Green Phone Booth, a blogging cooperative focusing on green lifestyles. It's a great group of women, and well worth the reads.

This week, I'm writing about the recent New York Times piece on how two companies were caught destroying bags and bags of unsold clothing in light of these economic times. At one store alone, 20 bags of destroyed clothing was found in one night - and the chain has more than 2,000 stores across the globe. Scary thought. So many people could be helped...

Count your many blessings this weekend - particularly if you're inside where it's warm.

No comments: