According to the test I was given:
- Score of 300+: 80% higher risk of disease in the next 12 months
- Score of 150-299: 50% higher risk of disease in the next 12 months
So being a working mom, and one who's stress level is about as high as it gets, I started seeking out some low-cost, low-impact ways to reduce my stress for 30 seconds. Here are some to share with you:
- Take a walk. Even if it's just circling the building.
- Stop and smell the roses. Or coffee. Or look at the frog hopping by. By taking a few minutes at a toddlers' pace, you can relieve yourself temporarily from a situation.
- Meditate, pray or even mimic your child's babbles constantly. You'll both wind up giggling.
- Get herbal. Drink herbal tea or use herbal essential oils.
- Try deep breathing. Yes, actually getting oxygen into your brain does help.
- Dance. Dance with a date, dance alone. Dance with a toddler to Aerosmith's rendition of "I love trash" on a Sesame Street CD if you have to....whatever works. Music and exercise both help.
- And if nothing else, invest in Endangered Species chocolate and feel a little less guilty!