Saturday, March 1, 2014

Green Bean Delivery: 5 reasons to love the "Big Green Box"

Friday evenings, when we get home, my kids go never just inside. Instead, my youngest sprints to the  back door to see if the "Big Green Box" has arrived.

We've been happy members of Green Bean Delivery for years. This organic produce and natural product delivery service has been a wonderful addition in our home as we try to reach a healthier lifestyle.

We heard about Green Bean Delivery through one of the local green magazines, and decided to test it out. My husband initially balked about the price, but as we quickly found the produce far surpassed any of the offerings we could find at our local grocery stores. (That, and at the time, we had toddlers, so not having to check out produce while juggling two little ones was an extra blessing!)

Here are five other reasons to check out - and love - getting the Big Green Box in your home:

  1. The quality and options are amazing. I love that I can have delivered to my home organic Asian pears, local apples, local shitake mushrooms and more. And, I love that in those rare instances that the quality isn't up to their standards, they will substitute an item - with an apology!
  2. It's completely customizable. Unlike with a CSA subscription, you can decide not to partake in a certain item - or load up on something you love. Needless to say, you won't see a lot of peppers or kale in my box! You can also add on items as well.
  3. You can start or stop at any time. Green Bean typically offers a weekly or every other week delivery option, but you can log in and even set your account to deliver on certain weeks if desired. I typically put my account on hold during the summer to support my local farmers, and there is no problem with that.
  4. Customer service is wonderful. Any time I have contacted customer service, I have received a response within hours. In the rare instance an item was bad, I was immediately credited on my account. 
  5. They look out for their people. We've had several storms that have shut down our city this past winter, and I'm impressed that Green Bean Delivery has sent out notices saying its delaying delivery by a day or two to keep their employees off the roads. 

We usually get a large produce bin every other week ($49), but they have two smaller bin options as well.

Green Bean Delivery has grown to include Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Muncie, Anderson, Columbus, Ohio, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Harrison, Batesville/Oldenburg, Louisville, Lexington and St. Louis. For more information visit greenbeandelivery.com.

New/returning GBD lovers! Green Bean Delivery has a special discount code for you: “15GGMml” It is good for $15 off your first order and expires March 8. It is for new members and reactivations only.

No comments: