Saturday, July 9, 2011

Spiced Zucchini Bread

Spiced zucchini bread is a recipe based on Emeril's Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh cookbook. I swapped out some all-purpose flour with whole-wheat flour, dropped the nuts and upped the spices.

I never thought I would like zucchini bread until my mother brought up a loaf she'd baked last summer. I never did get her recipe like she promised, but this one has quickly become a family favorite.

Spiced Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 c. grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 c. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 325. Grease two bread pans.

Beat eggs until foamy in mixer. Add oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix until well-blended. Divide the batter evenly between the bread pans. Bake 55-60 minutes or until tester comes out clean.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Made this last night with a combination of zucchini from my teeny, tiny garden and a local farm. The whole family (picky eaters included) loves it!