I typically use a drop or two per leg, diluted in Fractionated Coconut Oil , when my legs ache. And it's been a blessing for me for when my tendonitis flares up and as my little guy deals with growing pains. But I'm finding more and more interesting uses for lemongrass oil.
Here are 10 new ways to use lemongrass oil:
- As a natural fruit and vegetable wash. Add 1-2 drops lemongrass oil in a large bowl of water, wash your produce and it kills bacteria and cleans off pesticides.
- Yoga mat cleaner using witch hazel and lemongrass essential oil.
- Lowering cholesterol. I've heard anecdotally that using lemongrass essential oil can assist in lowering cholesterol levels. Marlene Hunt reported on the dōTERRA Facebook page: “I lowered my cholesterol about 15 points- apply on bottom of feet & over my heart.”
- As a bug repellant. Mix lemongrass essential oil in a spray bottle of water; or mix with an unscented lotion.
- Fighting fleas and ticks.
- For stress relief.
- As an antiseptic.
- Fighting lactose intolerance. Rub lemongrass essential oil on the bottoms of the feet before or immediately after having dairy.
- For a household cleaning spray.
- In cooking. I stumbled across this interesting recipe on doTERRA's Facebook page:
Thai Tom Kah soup with lemongrass and lime EOs at the finish; simmer fresh-caught local or regional fish, coconut milk, and fresh, finely chopped or grated garlic, ginger, galangal, coriander, onion, celery, Add prawns and mushrooms 15 minutes prior serving, and cast scallions and cilantro after adding EOs.
For more great tips on using lemongrass essential oil, visit doTERRA's Facebook page for reader tips.